Valley Diabetes & Obesity is a dynamic and unique Family Practice, Diabetes and Obesity Medical practice based in Modesto, CA serving a diverse central valley community. We are looking for a Full-time Physician Assistant (PA). It is a great opportunity for a foundation in clinical care, advanced diabetes management, and working under new models of care delivery such as Value-based care. The clinic leverages technology in delivering quality care through an advanced EMR and Population health management.
Dr. Gangupantula (DrG) is the only Diabetologist who is Fellowship trained in Diabetes and Obesity in the Central valley, with Board Certification in Family Medicine.
Please apply with your Resume and an optional cover letter to let us know your fit, passion, and interests. Interviews are currently being held. Submit your resume to email@example.com.
Check out our services and happy patient testimonials at https://www.drgdiabetes.com/testimonials
Primary Responsibilities: (May include but not limited to)
- Provide office-based clinical primary care including screenings, history and physical, care plan documentation, vaccination, and high-value referrals.
- Perform Annual wellness visits and physicals
- Deliver high-quality care and document appropriately to maintain excellent quality scores within commercial and public payer ACO programs.
- Work as a key member of the care coordination team for patients with chronic conditions
- Assist in managing patients with advanced diabetes.
- Perform and meet quality measures such as HEDIS.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Graduated from an Accredited Physician Assistant Program and a current licensure to practice in the state of California.
- Experience providing primary care in a medical practice.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a primary care setting as a PA. Students looking to complete their practicum/preceptorship for PA graduation are welcome to apply.
- Active and unrestricted California Physician Assistant License/Certification
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients, family members, physicians, and representatives of the community.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) is preferred
- Knowledge of disease prevention.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instructions
- The successful candidate will work as a team with our medical assistants and physicians and will assist in delivering premium care to each and every patient.
Benefits: (Waiting period may apply)
- Paid time off and sick leave
- Malpractice coverage
- Workers Compensation coverage
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Professional development support (CME)
- Retirement benefits